March 28, 2012

#LOVEMARKS



▼▲

So I've been reading this amazing book by Kevin Roberts called Lovemarks. Roberts, CEO Worldwide of Saatchi & Saatchi, is somewhat of an advertising genius. He writes so beautifully - I strongly recommend you give this book a gander (hmm, that sounds dirty).

Anyway, in a twist of misfortune, it seems a nasty bout of the 'bad dragonz' reared it's ugly head last night. Since I fancy myself a 'bounce-backer' I've decided to take this opportunity to take a few (incredibly clever) notes from my before-mentioned new best friend: Lovemarks.

How on earth am I going to do this? Well, I'm going to tell you the truth.

Five truths that you might not have known about Miss. Jones:

ONE.
I cry easily.
Really. It's pathetic and all kinds hazardous when you tend to wear as much mascara as I do (sometimes my eyes shut involuntarily because they are so heavily made-up)
I show composure between 3 and 7 on the scale (1 being immensely sad, 10 being outlandishly happy) - if you happen to see me outside of these limits I should most probably be handed a handkerchief and shown the way to the bathroom. STAT. 

TWO.
My blog's name -  'Crazed Shutterbugs' - was coined after reading an article about Brigitte Bardot (a Lovemark of mine) where the writer used 'crazed shutterbugs' to describe the throngs of paparazzi that used to follow the starlet around. 

THREE.
My tenth birthday present was a musical and dance-themed trio extraordinaire of Footloose, Grease and Flashdance.
(This is also a good indication of my upbringing: whoever thought it appropriate to buy their daughter a Flashdance VCR was most definitely a twenty-four year old, class of '86, UCT graduate named Saskia) 

FOUR.
I am immensely shy.
It may not seem it (but this is blogging, folks. Seriously) 
It makes me come across, at the best of times, as arrogant or aloof and this couldn't be farther from the truth. I know all my fellow 'shy peeps' out there will understand. This world is so very obviously built for boisterous, loud-mouthed extroverts. 

FIVE.
I've said it before (so this one you'll know) but I'm reminding you anyway.
YOU
ARE
ONE 
OF
MY
#LOVEMARKS

Anyone who dare enter the world of Jones (or more aptly, my URL) is in for a ride and I thank you for your support, kind words, clicks on AdWords (I've made $7!), awesomeness and specialness. 

YOU DESERVE A MEDAL IF YOU JUST READ ALL OF THAT 
(Thanks for sticking around :)) 

Have a fabulous evening - xx!


No comments:

Post a Comment